Thursday, October 25, 2012

Ambrose: Celtic 'fired up' for Barcelona clash


Getty Images
Efe Ambrose insists Celtic will not be intimidated when the team faces Barcelona in Tuesday’sChampions Leaguegame at Camp Nou.

The Bhoys arrived in Catalunya on Monday afternoon ahead of the encounter brimming with confidence, in “I will tell you honestly that we are fired up for this match and I believe we are in our best frame of mind to play this match,” Ambrose told Goal.com. “Barcelona is a great team and we respect them but honestly speaking we are going into the match to play our normal game and just enjoy ourselves. You know in football anything can happen and there are three expected results to win, draw or lose. In as much as we are not here in Spain to lose this match, we will accept any result we get here.

“It’s just about 11 players on each side playing against each other and it’s the 90 minutes of play that will tell. So we are not really under pressure to pay on Barcelona’s ground. One of my assets as a player is speed and how to recover quickly, so I am ready to put into use all my attributes to stop Lionel Messi and other strikers from doing the damage against us.
"Celtic has a very good squad with talented players and I believe the team has character to withstand any club side in Europe. We just have to play our normal game without tension as usual and we will surprise many.”
After scoring in last weekend’s game against St Mirren, the defender has set his sights on getting another goal against the Spanish giants.
“I am honestly praying within me to get on the scorers’ sheet on Tuesday. My scoring goals is the Lord’s doing and I give God all the glory and praises," he went on. “Even if I fail to score the most important thing is for the team to get a result. If we win I will be on top of the world and a draw is not bad either but we will do everything within our power and work very hard in the match to get the positive result we crave.”the midst of a six-game winning streak in the SPL.

No comments:

Post a Comment